Car & Motor

Like buying a car, there is no single best solution when it comes to buying insurance. Make sure that price is not the only factor you think about when you choose your motor vehicle insurance. You have a wide choice of policies, and you should use a broker to make sure that you choose a product that suits your needs and circumstances.

As with all insurance, before signing the insurance contract you should carefully read the policy document and product disclosure statement and make sure you ask your insurer about any aspects of the policy that you don’t understand.

Home & Contents

For most people their house and contents are probably some of the largest assets that they own. It makes sense then to insure them correctly to ensure that if an unfortunate event occurs you can avoid a financial disaster.

Whether you own or rent, your home and possessions are precious. Choosing to insure them, and making sure you have the right insurance products for your circumstances, offers peace of mind and lowers the financial pain of repairing your home and replacing damaged or stolen belongings.

You can choose to insure your property, its contents, or both.

Landlords and Tenants Insurance

If you own a rental property, or you are a tenant, you may need different insurance products than normal home and contents policies.

Landlord insurance protects the investment that a landlord has made in a rental property. Cover can be purchased for the building, contents or rental income, or any combination of these. Cover for loss of rent is not always included in a landlord policy and may be added as required.

Many landlords are investors who have invested in property to supplement their incomes. Landlords should consider how they can protect their premises, its assets and the income they receive from their tenants.

Rent Default & Loss of Rent

Landlords cover is available for theft, malicious damage or vandalism caused by a tenant, and also incorporates an option rent loss coverage.

FYI Insurance Brokers have specifically designed the landlord insurance policy to meet your needs, allowing you peace of mind and confidence that your investment property will be in safe hands should something go wrong.

Tenants Insurance

Tenants are not covered by their landlord’s insurance policies. Many insurers offer low cost contents only insurance policies to protect your possessions against the two biggest risks of living in rented or share accommodation – fire and theft.

It can be quite limited in its cover, and it is important to understand your policy to make sure you your insurance covers the replacement cost of all of your possessions.


Farm Insurance can cover a wide range of items including farm buildings, contents, farm machinery, motor, working dogs, domestic property, legal liability and theft.

Caravans and Motorhome Insurance

FYI Insurance Brokers can cover your caravan whether stationary or on the move. Options include purchasing additional cover for both your caravan contents and your annexe. We can help you protect your Caravans, Motorhomes, Onsite Vans, Relocatable Homes & Park Homes, Camper Trailers.


If you own or operate a boat or other marine craft, marine insurance ( Pleasurecraft ) can cover you for loss, damage, theft or injury risks to your craft and its occupants, as well as any costs you may incur to other people or property through accidental damage.

Many insurers will offer boat or marine craft insurance that includes basic cover for damage or loss, with a range of additional options available. Similarly to motor insurance, marine insurance policies will specify either an agreed value or a market value as the sum insured for the boat and equipment you own.