Landlords and Tenants Insurance

If you own a rental property, or you are a tenant, you may need different insurance products than normal home and contents policies.

Landlord insurance protects the investment that a landlord has made in a rental property. Cover can be purchased for the building, contents or rental income, or any combination of these. Cover for loss of rent is not always included in a landlord policy and may be added as required.

Many landlords are investors who have invested in property to supplement their incomes. Landlords should consider how they can protect their premises, its assets and the income they receive from their tenants.

Rent Default & Loss of Rent

Landlords cover is available for theft, malicious damage or vandalism caused by a tenant, and also incorporates an option rent loss coverage.

FYI Insurance Brokers have specifically designed the landlord insurance policy to meet your needs, allowing you peace of mind and confidence that your investment property will be in safe hands should something go wrong.

Tenants Insurance

Tenants are not covered by their landlord’s insurance policies. Many insurers offer low cost contents only insurance policies to protect your possessions against the two biggest risks of living in rented or share accommodation – fire and theft.

It can be quite limited in its cover, and it is important to understand your policy to make sure you your insurance covers the replacement cost of all of your possessions.